Friday, January 16, 2009

New Direction for MyDaisyJane



With the coming of CPSIA taking effect on February 10th, I am being forced to go into a different direction for MyDaisyJane for now. I can not make anything for babies or children under 12, because getting everything that I make tested for lead isn't cost effective. (Don't get me wrong, I am completely for the law, but as a part-time crafter I just don't have the means to have everything tested).

I will focus primarily on things that are meant for mom's: my jewelry, books, beads. And anything that is all ages, I will add a disclaimer that it is not intended for anyone under 12: my coin purses, etc. While my real passion is in the baby things, I only have to think of this as a minor setback. Maybe someone is telling me that my other creations are my true calling, and basically karma has been leading me in the right direction lately.

So, this weekend I am making a plan to make some books and possibly a couple of pieces of jewelry. While CPSIA slowed me down, they can't stop me!

No comments: